Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stop the Time....Please














Where does it go? I mean really does it just automatically start to speed up a little faster each time a baby is born? I just want time to slow down and let me have a little more of the newborn smells, first smiles, tiny tiny toes, more of the 2 hours of staring at my sleeping baby wondering why I could look at his face forever and never memorize it. I don't want my oldest baby to be 8 and I definately don't want my littlest to already be almost 6 months. I guess I am just not very good with change. Now don't get me wrong I love every stage that my kids get to but, I dread the day when they are all grown and on their own and I don't have a diaper to change(yes, I will miss it), someone to nag me for a drink, hearing "Moooom" 579 times a day, bending over to pick up toys, food, or a kid every 2 minutes, and waking up to the most beautiful 5 faces I have ever seen. Motherhood is the Greatest thing in the WORLD!!!!



3 comments:

Stefanie Raynes said...

You are the BEST mom!! Don't worry, Grandkids will be here soon...in just about 20 years!

Chip and Lisa said...

I love how you commented how you can stare at your childrens faces for hours and never memorize them. I think it is so beautiful how you embrace motherhood. It's a great reminder on all those hard mom days! Your children are beautiful!

Ashley said...

Alisha you are the sweetest mom. I love how much you love being a mommy. I can't wait until our little one arrives so we can too experience being parents. Your kids are adorable as always. Hope all is well.