Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Laundry Days

Laundry days happen twice a week at our house and this is the amount that piles up in just 3 days, plus there is more in the kids baskets and loads in the washer and dryer. Its crazy!  I actually really enjoy doing laundry, but hate that the washroom in all the way in the back of our basement.  Last year I started using the Duggars homemade soap recipe and it has saved us a ton of money.  The one thing I changed was to add a cup of Oxyclean to the batch.

 The other thing that I really dislike is that we have carpet so close to the washer. See those nice orange spots... That is what happens when you are trying to pour bleach and the baby grabs the dispenser and spills it all over the carpet. Not my best day, but it could have been a lot worse.  I luckily dumped a bucket of water on it right away and it only bleached the spots I missed. 
So thats what I am up to today. Lots and lots of laundry.  I want to ask if anyone has any secrets that they use to get their white really white.  I try bleach but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference so I am looking for some good tips! 

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Whoa! You are on a roll! Sorry no secrets to keeping whites white here. If you get a good one pass it on to me though!

Karen said...

I know it is really hard to get clothes white when you have hard water but Susan can get hers really white but I don't know what exactly she does. Send her a message on her e-mail or facebook.