Friday, November 12, 2010

The Daily Grind

I can't help but feel like I am on the show "Groundhog Day"  all the time lately.  It feels like I do the same thing day after day, week after week, and I am getting a little bored...  I wake up, get the kids breakfast, get the girls to school, come home and either get ready or go wait and go to the gym  first, then the rest of the afternoon is cleaning and laundry, girls come home and we do homework, make dinner, clean again, do bedtime.  Don't get me wrong, I love my life and my kids, but I am sick of cleaning the same things EVERYDAY!  I can't believe how the carpet needs to be vacuumed everyday and the bathrooms to be cleaned.  Little kids are such little piggies.  The other thing that just gets so tedious is getting yourself ready everyday, who is so sick of blow drying their hair and putting on makeup after 30 years???  Well, I guess like 16 years cause I didn't do much to myself for the first 14 years of my life:)  The daily grind must go on though, or else the house would be gross and the kids would starve and Brent would not be attracted to a wife that looked and smelled bad.  Anyone else ever feel like this sometimes? 

2 comments:

Stefanie Raynes said...

yes, yes and YES!

Karen said...

I was just thinking about the doing your hair and makeup this weekend and wait until you have been doing it for 46 YEARS!!! No wonder older people just finally say forget it!!! But my mother never did, she kept up her hair and makeup as long as she could. Wouldn't it be great if everyone just quit wearing makeup!?